MYRMIDONS
MONDAY
There is more to Steampunk, then kickass gadgets, fantastical adventures, and serious cool outfits. There is inspiration.
Something about the genre inspires people to write, not just gritty battle and mysteries, but romance as well.
When I pubbed my first steampunk romance, I was one of the few in the genre at allromance books. Now there is 91 titles. There is M/F, M/M, F/F, M/M/F, and I even read one M/M/M/M/M/F
(four of those men being robots!)
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/category339.html
Perhaps it is the romance of the Victorian Era that entices writers and reader alike, as fragile ladies in sexy corsets discover after they've fainted that they really do want to go on a grand adventure, and explore their sexuality, despite breeding and ettiquet.
Not to mention the fantasical aspects. What can be more fun then falling in love on an airship, scudding across fluffy white clouds, while the damsel in distress rescused her dashing pirate.
No comments:
Post a Comment